Re: [oletrucks] 55 chevy truck door problems

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 55 chevy truck door problems
From: Alan Horvath <alan@alanhorvath.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 00:15:11 -0400
Mask1966@aol.com wrote:

> alan@alanhorvath.com writes:
>
> These latches and strikers are the worst design on the planet!  I've
> adjusted mine a hundred times and my doors still rattle!
>

> Have you tried the repair clips sold by all the vendors?  They made my
> door rattles a thing of the past.  Try it, they are cheap!

Thanks, Mike

Yup.  Been there; done that.  They do make a nice difference, for sure.
  But I've since installed new latches and strikers and they're better
still.

The real problem I'm noticing is with up and down movement; when I hit
a decent bump in the road, the doors will bang.  I don't get much
rattle anymore, but I can count on the doors banging/rattling when I
hit bumps.  These latches and strikers are designed to hold the door
in/out, but not up/down ... they really are about as archaic a design
as one could imagine.  I was so surprised when I saw bear claws in an
older Ford pickup -- I just couldn't believe Chevy wouldn't be doing
the same just to keep up.

Alan
http://AlanHorvath.com/54chevy/