RE: [oletrucks] Solid lifters for a 1959 235 ci 6 cyl engine

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Solid lifters for a 1959 235 ci 6 cyl engine
From: "Paul Frew" <paul.frew@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:18:57 -0400
Thanks Lee, this confirms what the engine re-builder I bought the cam from
mentioned.  He said that he would provide me with a special break-n lube
when I found some lifters and that I should run the engine the first time
after installing them for 20 minutes at 2000 RPM. Evidently this gets the
lifters spinning as well as going up and down and stops the cam from severe
wear.
Paul