[oletrucks] repro exhaust manifolds

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] repro exhaust manifolds
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 13:55:51 -0700 (PDT)
I just got my latest MidAmerica Corvette catalog in the mail and found some
reproduction
cast iron exhaust manifolds in there for $120 each.

They look close enough to the old ones off of my 58 Suburban that I can't tell
any
difference by the picture.

left = casting number 3749965

right = casting number 3932461

I've just about cleaned up my manifold well enough to use but  the casting
number isn't
real clear on the left (but looks pretty close to the left side casting number
above if
you use your imagination) and pretty well gone on the right so I can't even
guess on
that one.

Are these the right numbers for our trucks?  It might help someone else in the
future if
you're real picky about museum grade restorations.

Does the Classic Chevy Club sell these as well?  They seem to do alot of resto
parts for
the 55-57 Chevys.

It's been a while since I cruised the old truck catalogs; do they now carry
them as well?

Mark Noakes
58/56 Chevy Suburban
58 GMC NAPCO pickup