Re: [oletrucks] Fw: Water temp gauge question

To: Alan Quin <alquin@telus.net>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fw: Water temp gauge question
From: The Botelers <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 22:47:23 -0400
Hey Alan,

Since one else has jumped in yet I'll give it a stab...

Depending on your elevation above sea level, a reading just to the right of
center could be good.  Water boils at a lower temperature the higher the
elevation.  Next time you test on the stove, borrow the wife's meat
thermometer and confirm how hot the water is, boiling doesn't always mean
212*F.

As for the longer capillary tube, maybe the COE's had longer ones, just a
guess...

Tapping the glass sounds like the gauge is sticking and or bad, or a loose
wire.

Good luck,

Mike Boteler
'56 4400 Stake