[oletrucks] GMC radiator mounting + Park Lamp conversion

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] GMC radiator mounting + Park Lamp conversion
From: Williams Grant Civ 412 AMXS Det 2/MXA2A
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 18:35:06 +0100
Does anyone out there have a stock GMC radiator setup for 47 - 53 they can
take a look at for me?  This is regarding the correct assembly of GMC
radiator frame to chassis cross member.  I don't remember the order they
came off in when I took it apart.  I have two plates with two holes each.
One plate is a straight rectangular part while the other has two crescent
shaped notches on the long sides between the holes.  There is a U bolt and
two springs.  I'm sure the springs go below the cross member but not sure
which plate goes below.  Also, if there was any soft mounting pad, it's long
gone.  Should there also be a pad in this assembly?

I would like to convert the GMC front park lamps to a 12v two pin setup.
Some of the dealers sell the conversion kit but it is for Chevy.  Those of
us with GMCs know there are some major differences.  Question is, has anyone
successfully converted their GMC park lamps using the Chevy Duty conversion
kit?

Thanks,

Grant

50 GMC