RE: [oletrucks] '53 3/4 Ton Charging System

To: "Paul A. Thomas" <bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] '53 3/4 Ton Charging System
From: "Bill Bailey" <bill@oletruck.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:01:41 -0400
Paul
I have sketched out the way I believe your charging system should be wired.
You can see my drawing at
http://www.oletruck.com/misc/chrgsystem1.jpg

Sorry for the size but I wanted it to be big enough to see.
There may be other wires but these are the ones that are pertinent to the
charging system. I hope this helps.
By the way, I am pretty sure your truck was always negative ground, the
wires on the 6V systems were heavier gauge because the 6V systems had to
carry more current than the 12V systems. If your system is still using the
original wires that is fine as long as the insulation is in good shape. At
some point you'll probably want to pull it all out and rewire it though.
Hopefully this will get you charging ahead. Good luck!

Bill Bailey
Hagerstown, MD
1957 Chevrolet 1/2 ton
http://www.oletruck.com