Re: [oletrucks] 55 2nd series truck problem

To: mark treutelaar <phoneman@ticon.net>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 55 2nd series truck problem
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:10:40 -0700 (PDT)
--- mark treutelaar <phoneman@ticon.net> wrote:
> Hi Ive replaced  all the grease fittings on my 55
> truck. The left lowet ball
> joint  greas fitting area is plugged. It is not the
> fitting. I tried
> compressed air. Does anyone know how to clean this
> out so I can add grease?
> Nothing right now will go thru  there. Im hoping
> there is another answer
> besides disa sembly  Thanks Mark

>From my days of working in a garage and doing my time
on the grease rack. When a zerk won't take grease,
with the grease gun connected to the fitting, pump up
the pressure, once the pressure is high ( the hose
will get stiff and the pump will operate hard), have
someone rock the front end up and down. Most often
this is how we got stubborn ball joints to take
grease.

Do you really have ball joints, in 1955 trucks came
with kingpins.  For kingpins, raise the front end to
make turning the steering wheel easier and pump the
grease gun while someone turns the steering wheel back
and forth.

=====
Jim Nordwall

 http://bluetruck.home.mchsi.com