Re: [oletrucks] Tow bar problem

To: "SCH \(OldSub\)" <Steve@OldSub.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Tow bar problem
From: Steven Stuckmeyer <slstusmc@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 05:16:06 -0700 (PDT)
The wheels of the towed vehicle should follow the direction of the tow vehicle.
If you take a hard turn, the tow vehicle's rear will actually swing opposite
and cause the towed vehicle to turn in the opposite direction but it should
correct itself. It could have all happened so fast that the wheels spun so
quickly opposite that they locked there by force. I've towed alot of vehicles
with a tow bar, mainly my jeep behind a sub on & off road and cross country
behind a uhaul, but alot of fixer uppers/donors also and never had a problem
The only time I did was towing a Monti Carlo with out the steering box on the
vehicle. I hit a bump and the steer linkages collapsed and both wheels were
inboard. I was two miles to the junk yard and kept on going.

Steve Stuckmeyer

St peters, MO