[oletrucks] Re: Possible short circut

To: oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Possible short circut
From: JGWolford@aol.com
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 21:45:21 -0400
When I put on my brakes apparently this causes a short and the brake lights
will flicker and go out.  If my lights are turned on the dash lights will do
the same.  Sometimes the dash lights will flicker on their own and I assume the
brake lights are doing the same. The turn signals work fine as do the
headlights.  The only thing I can think to check is the stop lamp switch.
These trucks have a very simple wiring system so the electrically challenged
like myself should be able to figure it out.

Thanks--Jim Wolford

I rewired my 1957 truck with a Chevy duty harness and also replaced the light
switch.