[oletrucks] Column Vs Floor shift

To: oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [oletrucks] Column Vs Floor shift
From: Williams Grant Civ 412 AMXS Det 2/MXA2A
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:24:19 +0100
I converted my stock column 3 speed to a floor 4 speed.  After doing all the
body work and re-installing the cab I discover I've overlooked the
difference in the opening in the firewall for the 3 speed column Vs no
column shift mechanism.  The question is, how have you seen the additional
hole space from the column shift filled after the fact?  I'm thinking maybe
some sort of aluminum cover on the engine side of the firewall?

Grant

50 GMC