[oletrucks] i hope not off topic Water Pump

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [oletrucks] i hope not off topic Water Pump
From: "Tom C." <c_tom@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 09:25:37 -0400
I have a 1997 Chevy S-10 with a 4.3 6 cylinder engine. I am attempting to
change the water pump but having some challenges.
There is a large nut that hold the clutch fan to the water pump. Is there a
special tool to remove this nut and also is it left or right handed threads.
Is there a trick to holding the pully so it doesn't turn while trying to
loosen the nut?
I have asked a few people around here and i get a different answer
everytime. I hope someone here can help me out...thanks
Tom
55 TF
97 S-10