RE: [oletrucks] A bit desparate for help with the final stages

To: "Michael Lubitz" <mlubitz@texas.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] A bit desparate for help with the final stages
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <bill.hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:24:35 -0500
2.  I would like to roughly set the valves.  Can I set them to the specs
for
a hot engine before I start it for the first time so that the valves are

close and the engine will fire?
        Make them a little larger than the hot setting.  As they warm up

        the gap will get smaller.  If you have them too tight to start
with
        there may be no gap at all when the engine warms up which could
hold
        one or more of the valves open.  Not a good thing.

3.  I am thinking that I will static time the engine so that I can get
the
timing close.  Is the right thing to do?
        Good practice.