Re: [oletrucks] Lifting Task Force cab

To: kjohlgren@hotmail.com, oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Lifting Task Force cab
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:42:11 EDT
Kurt, The best and easiest method is to find 3 buddies. 4 guys can lift and
carry the cab fairly easy. 3 could do it, but it's better with 4 to keep it
steady. While my doors were off, I did use the sling method, but used a 4'
heavy
pipe to hook the sling on each end, and lift in the center. I only used it to
lift the cab straight up, roll out the frame, and sit it straight down,
(didn't try moving it that way, was too afraid of "swinging it around").
 One time, by myself, I used the floor jack, a bunch of wood blocking, and a
couple of 8' 4X4's, to jack up the cab, and block it up, and roll out the
frame. That method is to scary to even talk about.....

  Good Luck, and DON'T DROP IT!!!!!

Pat Hollister
'58 step
West Burlington, IA.