Re: [oletrucks] Lifting Task Force cab

To: oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Lifting Task Force cab
From: Rick <redbulldog@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:47:46 -0700 (PDT)
Kurt,
 Use much care as I have a wounded big window cab that I will have to repair
before I use it.
 Consider using 2x4's to support the inside of the cab.
 Good Luck
   Rick

K Ohlgren <kjohlgren@hotmail.com> wrote:
I have trial fit my motor/tranny combo and want to remove the cab to finish
the frame and start working on the cab. I don't have room to lift the cab
inside and a gravel parking area limits my options. I do have axcess to my
neighbors tractor & frontend loader (with forks). can the cab be picked up
through the doors without worrying about distorting the cab? should I use a
chain and sling it through the doors or through the front & back windows?
what have others used in this situation? the cab is stripped and doesn't
appear to weigh much, as I can pick up either side by myself.
any help is appreciated.
thanks

Kurt
58 3100 Apache project