Re: [oletrucks] Gearbox shaft removal

To: "Rampley, Jim" <JRampley@chartercom.com>, oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Gearbox shaft removal
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 12:27:43 -0500
You'll have to remove as a unit, remove the steering wheel and the bolts
holding the gearbox to the frame, all the shifting mechanisms and it'll
slide out front the bottom. The shaft inside the housing is a complete unit
from the top to bottom of the steering assembly. As all have stated, you'll
have to remove it as one unit or if you have the right equipment you could
lift the cab off and have it sliding backwards as up lift and slide the cab
up and over the column. Although you'd need more equipment that most folks
have at home and i wouldn't even attempt that ask..     --wayne