Re: [oletrucks] Trailing arms, was Rear Springs

To: Bill Bailey <bill@oletruck.com>, oletrucks
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Trailing arms, was Rear Springs
From: Ryan Sain <rsain@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:56:36 -0800
With a welder, grinder and a little patience you can make anything fit!

Honestly though - I would look into a 4-link/panhard bar setup instead of
the trailing arm.  You can buy kits that are custom cut to your specs or
just build your own. I've got trailing arm suspension on my El Camino - and
it rides great - but you will have a problem mounting the upper arms (IIRC).

We have been working on a mini with a 4 link setup - turned out awesome, we
built everything from scratch (except the bushings)....

Jason at Suicide Doors (http://www.suicidedoors.com) sells the links and
bushings - I'm sure there are many other places - local or net that you can
get this too.

For some great discussions on different types of suspension setups (e.g.,
4link, reversed 4 link, 3 link, two link, trailing arm, etc. panhard or no
panhard) see Suspensions forum at the following site
http://www.streetsource.com

- Ryan