[oletrucks] Seeking wisdom

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Seeking wisdom
From: "Ryan Border" <ryan_border@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 14:08:09 -0600
http://www.geocities.com/ryan_border/truck/front.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/ryan_border/truck/back.jpg

That is (was) the passenger side air-spring-mount for my MustangII front
suspension (55-2nd).
Before you ask- no, those were not my welds ;-).
Sure would be nice to fix without pulling out the 454...

Should I even try to straighten the top of the frame rail?  Or should I just
cut it out and patch in new metal.  Any creative ideas on ways to bend it
back straight.

Repair will involve boxing, and most likely a serious re-enforcement tying
back to the motor mount.

I'll get to repeat the process on the drivers side.  It's not nearly as bad,
but the welds are cracked, and it started to let go.  Thankfully this didn't
happen on the road.

Cheers-
Ryan.