[oletrucks] Remote Master Cylinder for my 57 3100

To: <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Remote Master Cylinder for my 57 3100
From: "Mike Sergesketter" <mserges@psci.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:21:08 -0500
I just finished fitting the brake booster (Mustang II 7" dual diaphram from
the salvage yard) and master cylinder behind the stock pedal on my 57 3100.
The cab is off, but I am pretty sure that I have a clearance problem with the
master cylinder reservoir tank.  The booster is fine, but the tank on the
master cylinder looks to be about 2.5 inches above the frame...In order to fix
the problem it seems that I could just buy a remote master cylinder, but being
on a budget, I am always looking for other options....

     1.  Is there a remote system that I could get from the salvage yard that
would fit the Mustang II booster?  I have seen several remote systems, but not
sure which ones might work.

     2.  Is it possible to remove the reservoir on the existing master
cylinder (it's from a ford pickup, but fits the booster) and fit it with
remote fittings?

     3.  If purchasing a remote booster is the answer, can anyone recommend
one that would mate up with my booster?

Thanks, Mike