[oletrucks] another site update--vintage Sun Tachs

To: NAPCO_trucks <napco4x4@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] another site update--vintage Sun Tachs
From: "Mark Noakes" <mark@noakes.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:34:04 -0800
I've done another site update posting much of my vintage Sun tach info on my
site at:

http://blog.mark.noakes.com/blog/Photos/Vehicles/VintageSunTachs

The Sun tachs were used in the 1/2 ton GMCs 55-59 in dash and could be
retrofitted to the columns on Chevys.  The tach transmitters used mercury
batteries that are no longer available (or minimally available though it sounds
somewhat shady).  There is at least one company that sells an electronic
conversion for the transmitters.  I also have a scheme for a battery eliminator
that is not quite as elaborate.

Next I'll try to collect and post info that I've found on paint line
transitions for interior to exterior body panel colors, etc.

I've also included some photos of my brother Brian's unrestored 57 Chevy 1/2
base model short bed "farm" truck.

I'm trying to make this site a repository for info that I've collected on the
55-59 trucks so if you have any suggestions as to what I should include, please
let me know.

Mark Noakes

Personal, hobby, enthusiast vehicles, work/school, nature/travel/art
photography located at:

http://blog.mark.noakes.com/

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice
there is usually a difference."