RE: [oletrucks] another site update--vintage Sun Tachs

To: "Mark Noakes" <mark@noakes.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] another site update--vintage Sun Tachs
From: "passnb4u@earthlink.net" <passnb4u@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:10:50 -0800
Hey Mark,

I've a couple of the transmitters, think one was 6v, the other 12v...they
worth anything?

Mike

<Old-Burb-club@yahoogroups.com>; Ole_Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
> Date: 2/24/2005 5:34:57 PM
> Subject: [oletrucks] another site update--vintage Sun Tachs
>
> I've done another site update posting much of my vintage Sun tach info on
my site at:

> http://blog.mark.noakes.com/blog/Photos/Vehicles/VintageSunTachs
>
> The Sun tachs were used in the 1/2 ton GMCs 55-59 in dash and could be
retrofitted to the columns on Chevys.  The tach transmitters used mercury
batteries that are no longer available (or minimally available though it
sounds somewhat shady).  There is at least one company that sells an
electronic  conversion for the transmitters.  I also have a scheme for a
battery eliminator that is not quite as elaborate.

> Next I'll try to collect and post info that I've found on paint line
transitions for interior to exterior body panel colors, etc.

> I've also included some photos of my brother Brian's unrestored 57 Chevy
1/2 base model short bed "farm" truck.

> I'm trying to make this site a repository for info that I've collected on
the 55-59 trucks so if you have any suggestions as to what I should
include, please let me know.