Re: [oletrucks] TF IFS

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TF IFS
From: Ryan Sain <rsain@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:54:29 -0800
Devin,

I used the TCI M2 setup with tubular A-Arms. I was pleased with the install.
The directions were fairly clear - and all seemed to fit fairly easily.
Solid welding skills are a must. It dropped the truck considerably - but
it's not in the weeds.

The springs were a challenge - took some effort to get them in correctly.
Don't cut them (some people do this to make the install easier) though -
they break in (according to a long discussion with TCI - see
www.stovebolt.com under the modification forum - search for TCI and you'll
find a more detailed discussion of this issue). With all the weight on the
truck now - they are nearly perfect, but they were a pain to install.

I have not driven it yet - but expect it to ride just fine according to
others' comments.

You can see a description of the process here:
http://www.wsu.edu/~rsain/apache.html

Total Cost Involved (pun intended) was just over $2700us. But that included
the power steering conversion and rear springs, shocks.
- Ryan