Re: [oletrucks] TF IFS

To: rsain@gte.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TF IFS
From: IDPHR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:08:18 EST
Devin...I have a somewhat different experience...I installed an IFS that
came from a mid-seventies Mercury Bobcat (also know as the Pinto IFS) in my 52
Suburban. I did substantial research documented in some interesting threads  on
Stovebolt.com...Bottomline, as far as I was concerned, indicated using an
original Mustang II or Pinto IFS (I added modern tubular A arms for ease of
installation & strength)...many of the aftermarket set-ups have had
significant
performance and quality failures plus they are very expensive to buy  and/or
install.
Unless you planning to go four-wheeling, off road  or do extra heavy  hauling
the original IFS route is an easy and inexpensive choice.
Good luck, Steve G.