[oletrucks] Off Topic--2001 Blazer

To: "73-87Chevy Trucks" <73-87ChevyTrucks@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Off Topic--2001 Blazer
From: "Mark Noakes" <mark@noakes.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 03:24:36 -0800
Does anyone know of a list that covers the 2001 era Chevy Blazer or a general
GM troubleshooting site?

I try to help neighbors with vehicle problems as they then tend to be more
tolerant of my vehicle habit.  A neighbor's Blazer won't start/won't crank and
no power in the vehicle on most items switched or unswithed though a few
sporadic items work...cigarette lighter.  This was a everything's fine one day
and then nothing works the next day type failure...did not fail while running.

Battery = good = 12.44 VDC

Voltage to the fuse block = good.

All major fuses = good.

Relays appear good but hard to verify/test so no guarantee.

No exposed connectors that could have been kicked loose under the dash or
engine compartment.

Many ground wires; what I saw looked good with no corrosion.  In fact, the
whole electrical system looks very good...clean solid connections
everywhere...well taken care of.

Probably not the ignition switch since unswitched power also has problems.
Switch is in the column.  Of course access to the under dash wiring is all
blocked with panels so tracing wires would require a major rip out to start
cable/connector continuity checks.

I suspect a fusible link but don't know where to find most of them...there are
a handful...the only one I did find is good.  He only has a Haynes manual and
they conveniently left out the electrical schematics for what I need.

Any suggestions?  He's in a cash flow bind and can't really afford to take it
somewhere to get it worked on.

Mark Noakes

New Section: parts for sale (note: location = Knoxville, TN)

Personal, hobby, enthusiast vehicles, work/school, nature/travel/art
photography located at:

http://blog.mark.noakes.com/

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice
there is usually a difference."