Re: [oletrucks] Painting sheetmetal - 58 GMC

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Painting sheetmetal - 58 GMC
From: J Forbes <jforb@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 19:34:46 -0700
> Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 16:36:00 -0400
> From: dcvjrv@covad.net
> Subject: [oletrucks] Painting sheetmetal - 58 GMC
>
> Okay, I am back again seeking information.  I thought that I had the
> information somewhere, but
> I haven't been able to find it.  As most of ya'll know, I am trying to get
> this as original as possible.
>
> I need to know on my 58 GMC what the correct color is for the following parts.
>
> 1.  Hood latch header bar.  black or exterior color
> 2.  Grille header. black or exterior color
> 3.  Steering column to dash bracket. dash color or column color
> 4.  Inner fender skirt.  black or exterior color
> 5.  Inside of front fenders.  black or exterior color
> 6.  Inside of rear fiberglass bed sides (Cameo style). black or exterior color
> 7.  Outside of bed sides.  black or exterior color
>
> I have underlined what I think is the correct color for each of
> these.  Please let me know where I am wrong.

too bad underlines don't show up in text email!

My guess, going from what I know about Chevies:

1.  black
2.  body color, but black inside one of the molding lines
3.  steering column color
4.  black
5.  black primer with body color overspray where it happens to get it

6-7.  I don't know, but since they're hidden, it's likely they just
got body color overspray on them originally

Please take these answers with a grain of salt...

--
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum!
http://www.selectric.org