Re: [oletrucks] re: 1950 project

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] re: 1950 project
From: "Paul A. Thomas" <bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 09:06:38 -0700
It doesn't sound that high to me ( Bay Area, NoCal ).  I paid $600 for
my '53 3/4 ton in 1988. The body looked great but I had to put $6K into
the mechanicals ( mostly rebuild the engine, tires, etc ). I can't
recall seeing ANY pickup born earlier than 1960 for under $1500-$2500
around here, and those were in poor condition per the ads.

One thought tho: now that I've had the truck 17 years I find all sorts
of rust is coming out from under the perfect paint job it had at the
time. Perhaps this is normal, but I always thought a 'California' truck
would have avoided most of the rust, especially a government owned truck.

Good Luck!

          paul