RE: [oletrucks] Problems finding screw

To: Mark Treutelaar <phoneman@ticon.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Problems finding screw
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 20:07:53 -0700 (PDT)
Check in the phone book under "fasteners". Companies I
have done business with in the past include Fastenal,
Bowman,and Lawson. There are several others. These are
national chains that supply nuts and bolts to industry
and businesses. Any of them allow counter purchases. I
don't know if they will have what you want. They have
always been able to get whatever I have needed. One of
them is probably where McMaster Carr is getting their
nuts and bolts.

Jim Nordwall
1950 3100

> To: old trucks
> Subject: [oletrucks] Problems finding screw
>

> Hi  I have a 235 engine with the original 1BL
> carbereator . The problem I
> have
> is that I need to mount the choke and throttle cable
> clamp to it . I need
> longer screws for the carb because after I put the 2
> clamps on  the screws
> are
> no longer long enough. Im pulling my hair out trying
> to locate screws like
> this with a fine thread . These are the screws that
> mount the 2 halfs of the
> carbereator  together . Any ideas where I could
> purchase thes screws would
> be
> appreciatted . Ive checked NAPA and hardware stoires
> with no luck

Jim Nordwall
http://www.geocities.com/jimnordwall/