[oletrucks] Suspension Question

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Suspension Question
From: Steven Stuckmeyer <slstusmc@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 04:23:57 -0800 (PST)
Hey All,
I am finally getting ready to start the suspension on my 51 3100. The gathering
of more parts anyway. My questions; Is there really a major difference in the
ride/comfort of a Custom IFS and the less expensive IFS set ups? It seams the
custom on is an easier install and less to maintain. I think it looks cooler
but I will never have this truck sitting on mirrors unless I win the lottery.
The same with the rear; Is a leaf spring set up about the same as a four point
set up, or is there a dramatic difference in ride? I have a GM 12 bolt from a
70 Nova ready for the rear. I read somewhere that you can use the existing
spring axle seats on this axle, or should I cut them off and get new ones to
weld on if I use springs? I know I will need to set up the drive angle.
I am going with CPP or TCI at this point. This will be a semi daily driver and
local/not so local cruises. I would like to do the power tour some day. My goal
is the Memorial Day Parade 2007, I doubt if I make this next year's. A man's
got to know his limitations.

Steve Stuckmeyer
51 3100
St Peters, MO