Re: [oletrucks] 55-59 Chevy disc brake conversion . from CCP

To: "Mark Treutelaar" <phoneman@ticon.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 55-59 Chevy disc brake conversion . from CCP
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 18:12:02 -0500
You'll only have to remove and rebuild the kingpins if they are in need of
it, they will not have to be removed to perform the disc brake upgrade kit.
I didn't use the kit from CPP although I did use their under the cab master
cylinder/proportioning valve and mounting bracket but they'll all basically
the same. There will be an adapter plate that attaches to the front axle
flange, this will be seen more clearly after you remove the current backing
plate. I did not install the power brake master cylinder but cannot be more
pleased with the results of the manual setup.  I did a tech write up at
http://www.chevytrucks.org/tech/disc_brake_upgrade.htm     Hope it helps
and CPP has a better tech article on their site for the upgrade
http://www.classicperform.com/instructions.htm but for some reason none of
their links are working at this time..    --wayne