[oletrucks] Bed Wood Painting

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Bed Wood Painting
From: dcvjrv@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 00:02:41 -0500
I am in the process of cutting the wood for the bed on my 58 Suburban Carrier
Pickup and while I know that most people use oak and a clear finish, I would
like to do mine as close to original so I am using clear yellow pine.  The
question I have is as follows.  Were the original Cameos and Suburban
Carrier Pickups painted black as the rest of the trucks were or did they
do something different on the wood on these trucks.

Thanks in advance for all your constructive comments and assistance.

Jim V.
1958 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) - V8 Hydramatic
http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/jrvvehicles
dcvjrv@comcast.net