[oletrucks] 49 hood emblems

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 49 hood emblems
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:47:50 -0500
I did receive a couple photos from my request for correct side emblem
placement of the 3100 emblem on a 49 1/2 ton hood. Strange think is Dave
Shier send me one of his 49 1-ton and the 3100 is on top of the Chevrolet
emblem on the drivers side of the hood with the 3100 numbers being above
the OLET in chevrolet. Bob Chansler also graciously send a photo of his 49
burb and the 3100 numbering is below and underneath the OLET in the
chevrolet script of the hood on the drivers side. From most all the photos
I can find the 3100 should fall to the bottom right of the chevrolet
scripts. Dave, not stating your's is incorrect but wondering if the 1 tons
were different? --wayne

Wayne Osborne
http://www.chevytrucks.org
http://www.chevytrucks.org/wayne