[oletrucks] frame cleaning and rust

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] frame cleaning and rust
From: "Tom Cooper" <c_tom@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 09:04:30 -0500
I have removed the front and rear from my donor car.
http://www.coopscorner.com/55truck/donor_car/donor_index.htm

I was thinking about pressure washing, and wire brushing. Then I was going
to use POR 15 or something equivalent. I can only find POR-15 online. Does
anyone know of a product that will do the same as POR-15 that I can get
locally? Can anyone tell me about how much POR-15 or an equivalent product
is needed to do a frame, front and rear-end on a 55 TF? Are there any parts
that I should not coat with the product? I will have to brush it on because
I do not have a respirator or spray gun at this point in time. I hope that
brushing is ok, the spray gun and respirator are on my got to get list.
Any help/tips and pictures are always welcome.
        Thanks  Tom
        55 TF
        97 S-10