Re: [oletrucks] How to clean & seal rusty gas tank??

To: tenisguy@gte.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] How to clean & seal rusty gas tank??
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 01:14:31 -0600
Thanks Mark and Nate et al,

To recap, DON'T use muratic acid, use phosphoric acid, use bolts, nuts and
BBs and plenty of shakin' to remove scale, wash until clear and do it again,
dry the tank with air and seal if there are pin holes.  Take your time and
don't cut corners.  If that fails then find a Reneu(sp) shop or goto Jim
Carter and spend $600.00+ for a new stainless tank.

Also it seems that a 85 or newer S-10 tank will work with a little tweaking
and a Monza tank will fit where the spare tire goes.

Time to start shakin', I'm thinkin'.

Durwood
51 Chevy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window
52 Burb