Re: [oletrucks] Crate Engine Problems

To: "K M Lehmann" <klehmann@bentonrea.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Crate Engine Problems
From: "Dennis McGillis" <dennis.mcgillis@mcgilliscompany.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 21:08:55 -0700
Hi Lee,

I did use gaskets for a good seal.  The noise comes from the muffler
and pipe but not in the air around the manifold and is not audible on
top.  It seems to be a pulse of some kind and is there hot or cold.  I
may try the gasket removal, but it is a lot of work on an A/C car.
This is a hydraulic lifter, flat tappet, timing chain engine and is
quiet from idle to about 2000 RPM.

See you in Prosser, WA on July 4!

Thanks,
Dennis