[oletrucks] maybe off topic, but need brake advice

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] maybe off topic, but need brake advice
From: Tom Cooper <tntcoop@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:57:37 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I apologize if this is off topic, but it is about an ol Chevy truck. A 1997 may
not be old enough to qualify. I have a 1997 S-10 and yesterday i was moving
very slowly, under 10 pmh. I hit the brake and it acted as if the anti lock
brakes were on and working, but they shouldn't have been working.
The pedal seemed very firm, there didn't seem to be any flex or cushion to the
pedal, but yet it was like there was no stopping action either. I have to say
it scared the bejeezers out of me.
I did notice the anti lock brake light was on the other day. I checked the
fluid and it semed to be ok.
Has anyone every had this problem? Any advice on what to check or change?
I really appreciate any help and again I apologize for the post, but you guys
are my best source of truck knowledge.

                      Thanks  Tom