RE: [oletrucks] seizing brakes on 50 GMC

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] seizing brakes on 50 GMC
From: "Jeffrey Engel" <newsithlord@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:47:40 -0500
Grant:

I had a similar problem when I installed an underfloor power brake setup
from CPP.  I had adjusted the rod between the pedal and the master cylinder
to a point that when I applied the brakes and then released, it would not
let the fluid back into the master cylinder.  So, after a few cycles of
braking, the brakes were locked up and overheated.  If I stopped for a while
the fluid would slowly make it's way back into the master cylinder.  A quick
adjustment to the rod at the side of the road fixed the problem.  This may
not be your problem but maybe it will help eliminate something from the
equation.

Thanks!
Jeff Engel
1956 TF