Re: [oletrucks] 6 cylinder condenser problems

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, MLayton324@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 6 cylinder condenser problems
From: The Botelers <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:19:31 -0400
Mike,

Have you checked the voltage at the coil with the truck running?  The
ballast resistor should be stepping the 12 volts down to about 8 volts.  If
you still have the full 12 volts that could be the problem.  The engine
starts with 12 volts to the coil.  It gets this full voltage with a ballast
resistor by-pass circuit that could be tied to the starter solenoid or the
ignition switch.  As soon as the engine starts the by-pass open and the
ballast resistor takes over reducing the voltage.  This bypass could be
stuck closed keeping 12 volts on the coil.

Hope this makes sense...that's all I can think of right now!

Good luck!

Mike Boteler
'56 4400 Brush Fire Truck NAPCO
'56 8400 Wrecker w/Holmes 525