Re: [oletrucks] Wordy Tale of Woe

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wordy Tale of Woe
From: Jonas Thaler <jonasthaler@jonasthaler.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 22:42:06 -0700
Thanks, Dave, for that robust paragraph of useful info!  I will
digest it bit by bit!  I have already set the timing with a timing
light, which was tricky until I painted a red line on the flywheel
where that ball is.  But I am certainly going to check it again in
light of the clear info you have provided.   I suspected that the
timing was off enough to affect starting.   And I will check the
orientation of plug wires too.    I was getting a bit mystified about
why the fuel/air mixture is so rich even when I unscrew the screw 4
turns...  I had not considered that there might be blockage in the
fuel line.   And you may be right that the problem is accentuated
because the fuel level is very low in the tank.  Whew.. I wish I had
another weekend right about now!

Have a great week.

=-=-=jonas