[oletrucks] Re: original column with power steering

To: "Thomas, Robert E." <RThomas@ButteCounty.net>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: original column with power steering
From: mark <ccpanel@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:59:15 -0700 (PDT)
yes-i still do have the 54/5 GMC front group.
it is complete. if you have a good hood-keep it. my hoods are
average-good.
will trade part=part for 47-53 chevy front parts. or panel rear doors
or panel/sub rear fenders or rear sub seats 47-59. or....
892-2242

personally. i LOVE a 6 cyl. my 52 gmc has a 250-6 put in by PO. i would
put it in a little different but im never going to v8.
i suggest you look at putting in a 250. you can get 200hp out of those
things real cheap/easy. just swap pistons and mill head to acieve a
9.0:1 compression, 76-up came with HEI so get an HEI for your 75-62
block.
BTW-62-7? blocks are all the same for 250 and 230. 230 has shorter
stroke crank and 76-up has the CRAP integral head(exhaust manifold and
head are cast as 1 piece that cracks) so get any block, get a 250 crank
and rods, and get a 75-down head(230-250) get hyperutectic 9:1 pistons,
balance the motor, and figure on over 150HP and prob closer to 250
torque. with a 3.30-3.50 gear ratio and a 1:1 rear youre gona get
tons-o-pep and prob 17+ MPG with enough power to pull anything.
i been running on 4 cylinders for about 5 years in my 50$ motor/clutch
and i regularly pull a car trailer with truck and a bedful.

those little 250 motors are strong, reliable and run cool.
and if you are dead set on power-cliffords has a blower setup for them.

front disc brake upgrade mandatory!!!!!!!!

--- "Thomas, Robert E." <RThomas@buttecounty.net> wrote:

> i can measure how far from firewall to center of rag/U-joint. mines
> an
> AD truck so you got more room and less angle...
> Mark
>
> Can you include photos or a link to your web site in your next post?
> I've seen your truck, but didn't take close note.  I'll be rewiring
> my
> 54 GMC shortly, & am considering putting in a V-8 as my 6 is tired, &
> want to put in PS but keep the stock steering wheel & appearance.
>
> Also, do you still have the GMC front clip?
>

> RT

write your congressman.
http://www.congress.org
get rid of those annoying phone calls;