[oletrucks] Proportioning Valve Question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Proportioning Valve Question
From: "Mike Sergesketter" <mserges@psci.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 22:09:32 -0500
I'm in the process of finalizing my front disk brake install and am having
some problems with the proportioning valve.  I have bled the system several
times, but when test driving the front brakes drag. I have checked the push
rod and thee is plenty of play in the pedal.  After a short drive I put the
front on jack stands and the wheels cannot be turned by hand.  The button on
the end of the proportioning valve is sticking out so I push it in the front
wheels majically are released.  Can someone tell me the trick to getting the
button to stay in so the breakes work properly or am I missing something
obvious to correct this problem???

Thanks for you help and advice great wise truckers!!!