[oletrucks] Dual Stall Converters

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Dual Stall Converters
From: "mr55chev" <mr55chev@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:50:38 -0600 (Mountain Standard Time)
From: "Ryan Border" <Ryan_border@yahoo.Com>
Subject: [oletrucks] Torque Converters

I'll take answering my own question for $200 Alex:
http://WWW.bdub.net/tranny/DualPurposeTorqueConverters-PopularHotRodding-Tex
T.pdf#search=%22GM%20stall%20speed%20dual%22

Anybody got one of these?  If so, how well does it work?

Ryan.

Ryan, Carl Ham wrote about a lock-Up converter which is way different than
what you are looking for.
The sywstem you reference is a dual stall speed unit.   The two systems are
very different.
If you are running a THM 400 the dual speed set-up allows for a high stall
speed off the line or at idle
And is a great item for forgiving an overly aggressive cam choice. List
member Jim Forbes had much
ExperIencewith these, if he does not reply I will try to dig up his address.
I have two of these transmissions in the garage.  The adaptor is available
thru Summit auto for about
$55.00 or so.  Or, as Jim will tell you, if you have the Chevy bolt pattern
THM 400, the converter is easily
Adaptable to it. Only modification is one plug and 1 hole drilled.  The one
Trans I have is '66 Buick which,
Despite the article, is not easily adaptable to a Chevy engine.

Sandy Pierce
Salt Lake City, Utah
55-2  GMC  Suburban Pickup

imstp_chubbi_en_by_im.gif]