Re: [oletrucks] missing text in post

To: "wayne osborne" <wayne@chevytrucks.org>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] missing text in post
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:27:27 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "wayne osborne" <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 7:50 AM
Subject: [oletrucks] missing text in post

> Sorry for the missing text in the post, once I again I highlight a
> sentence in a list members message and reply to all and somehow the
> message contents gets stripped--Miq any comments on why this repeatedly
> happens to me and also others--as i see quiet few of these from time to
> time???? Seems our list has lost the conversational side of it, used to
> feel like we were all sitting in some ones shop just chattin' back and
> forth but seems things have changed.  Sorry for the rant but as i've
> commented many times before-our list ain't what it used to be.  --wayne
>

> Wayne Osborne

Wayne,

I suspect that what is happening is that listserv is stripping your message.
This email list will not forward any graphics and when you hi-lite the text
it adds codes and switches your options to HTML.

Most of these lists have always been text only. It's a protection against
viruses as well as bandwidth hogs and benefits us all.

Make sure your email options are set to Text (or ASCII) only and avoid any
formatting commands and you shouldn't have this problem.

Bob