Re: [oletrucks] metal etch vs epoxy primer

To: "Tom Cooper" <tntcoop@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] metal etch vs epoxy primer
From: "Craig Kruse" <cmkruse@hughes.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 11:11:00 -0400
Yea, I have the same issue. I have figured out I should use zero-rust or
por-15 on the stuff with residual rust but what about the cleaned stuff and
then primer.  I want to blast some parts and use a filler primer but don't
know what one is compatible with the various top coat paints. I don't know
what top coats ( enamel / urethane/ etc) will be used yet as I have interior
parts and stuff that will be painted with different paints than the outer
body.  I would simply like to know what to use so I don't spend money on
high dollar primers just to have to strip it off or seal it before final
paint.  I've read some of the tech articles and most say see your local
jobber but my local jobber is staffed with women sales persons and I don't
trust their experience. Sorry to be sexist but I can't help it I'm male...
Any recommendations for a brand name primer and top coat combination would
be a big assist along with whether to use the epoxy primer or some other
type for filling in pitted metal parts.

Craig / 49 Panel

Scanned By Norton Antivirus for Your Protection
"Do or Do Not - There is no Try"   Yoda - Jedi Master