RE: [oletrucks] Time for new front springs

To: Bill.Hanlon@hp.com, old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Time for new front springs
From: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:52:38 +0000
Bill
Eaton spring can also make you a mono-spring or leaf-set, set at any
height/ride you desire. i did the same thing on my project (removing 2
springs) thinking i would purchase a set of eaton mono-leaf springs if they
failed.

Kurt
58 3100 Apache project
the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and going...

>From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
>To: <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
>Subject: [oletrucks] Time for new front springs
>Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 07:54:16 -0600
>
>My '57 GMC is leaning to starboard at the bow. Only about 1/2" clearance
>from the spring to the snubber. The other side has about an inch and a
>half.
>
>This is a daily driver with original Pontiac V8 and Hydra-Matic and
>aftermarket A/C with 123" wheelbase. It originally had 8 leaf front
>springs, which is heavy duty vs. the standard 7 leaf GMC and I think 6
>leaf Chevy springs.. I removed #2 and #4 (counting from the short end of
>the stack) 5 years ago. Probably shortened the life some.
>
>I am considering Classic Parts (used to be Chevy Duty), Heavy Chevy,
>Obsolete Chevy and Eaton Spring as vendors for the new springs. Do any
>of you have any spring specific experience with any of these vendors?
>I'll also be buying new eye bolts and shackle kits.
>
>Eaton makes springs and offers slight lowering and reversed eyes for
>just a few bucks more. I'm going to check with these vendors to see if
>any offer nylon "buttons" or other upgrades that would make the springs
>slide easier.
>
>Your first person experience is appreciated.

trip!
http://www.imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/yahoo/default.aspx?locale=en-us&hmtagline