Re: [oletrucks] sealer questions

To: "Tom Cooper" <tntcoop@earthlink.net>, "Oletrucks"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] sealer questions
From: "James Hays" <thomasind@nventure.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:47:43 -0800
I'm far from an expert but do have my cab finished ready for final filler
primer & final coat & it looks pretty good.

1:    I would weld the floor openness & also seal with seam sealer after
painting ( seal all seams ) Seam sealer is like thick paint that you spread,
work into seams with an old paint brush.

2 & 3:    Bondo

4 & 5:    Pound out best you can & bondo - I've heard bondo to 1/4 " will
not crack.

My body supplier recommends bare metal - repair weld & remove waviness -
clean with body shop cleaner - epoxy primmer - bondo / sand with longest
sanding block as possible - clean & recoat with epoxy primmer & ready for
final sanding primmer & final paint. They say primmer other than epoxy is
porous allowing rusting under the primmer.

Hope this is a starter for you.