RE: [oletrucks] cowl rust question

To: tntcoop@earthlink.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] cowl rust question
From: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 00:15:37 +0000
tom
that is a very comon area to rust out. the problem is if you fix the holes
you see you won't catch the holes you don't see or the paper thin areas next
to them. the rust and holes probably go all the way down to the drains in
the sides of the cowl. you can try the por15 idea, it might work. sand
blasting can't reach way in there nor will paint. any water that gets in
there will slowly eat away creating other holes. this also creates the rust
on the floorboards.
my truck has similar rust. i'm fixing it by eliminating the cowl vent,
glassing over the louvers and welding the panel in. i also cut out the
inside vents to install speakers in their place. as much as i will miss the
vents and fresh air, i figure i will gain my sanity (if possible) in knowing
the rust potential is gone. i installed a vintage air unit to ease the pain.

Kurt
58 3100 Apache project
the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and going...

>From: "Tom  Cooper" <tntcoop@earthlink.net>
>To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
>Subject: [oletrucks] cowl rust question
>Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:09:26 -0500
>
>I hope I can make since of this. I have a website with some pictures
>that maybe will help. I have some rust holes in a weird place. It is
>between.well take a look and see if this makes since.
>

>http://coopscorner.com/55truck/questions/cowl-rust/cowl-rust.htm
>

>thanks   tom in sc

Get Hilary Duffs homepage with her photos, music, and more.
http://www.live.com/?addtemplate=hilary&ocid=T001MSN30A0701