Re: [oletrucks] Good Guys at Colorado Foam dome

To: "Thomas" <zthc01@cimtel.net>, "'oletrucks'"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Good Guys at Colorado Foam dome
From: "Steve Hanberg" <Steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 16:00:09 -0700
I think there is an age related component to the interest in old iron.

Its not that none of the younger guys are interested, its just that fewer of
them are interested in the same stuff us guys with gray hair are and at the
same time they don't yet have the resources needed to play.

And their interests might be a little different.  When was the last time you
saw a gray haired guy driving a ricer?  More of the 'kids' are interested in
those than old trucks and street rods.

Another thing to think about is that the baby boom generation includes
people as young as 43-44.  Lots of them are showing gray hair but the group
that follows is smaller, and not yet as affluent (as a group) as the
boomers.  Those that are interested in rusty iron may not yet have the money
and time (probably still have young children!) to spend on them.

I know some young guys who are passionate about this stuff, but they are not
the majority.  Its likely we'll see more of them owning and playing as their
children and careers mature.  I've noticed lots of guys start to play, then
get married, buy a house, have a kid and sell the car or truck.

Most those guys will get involved in the hobby again in 15 or 20 years.
Once they have enough gray hair.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com