Re: [oletrucks] brake booster

To: "luke zsiga" <50chevy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] brake booster
From: "Jon" <groups@ez15loan.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 12:25:15 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, June 30, 2007 15:41, luke zsiga wrote:
> I added power brakes to my 50 chevy and just connected the vacum line
> to the
> booster, and when i start the engine it sucks my brake pedal to the
> floor.
>
> Do i need to add a spring to my pedal to hold it in the up position?
> or do i have too much vacumm? and need to add a valve to reduce the
> vacumm
> going to the booster?
>
> thanks again,
>
> luke

Ok, dumb question...do you have a check valve on the vacuum line?  Are
their any leaks or air in the lines?

You shouldn't need to have a spring on the pedal (typically it's only
used when using hydroboost).  You also shouldn't need a valve to
reduce the vacuum, but you should have a check valve on the vacuum
line so that vacuum can only travel in one direction.

--
Jon