[oletrucks] Hood latch

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Hood latch
From: BagpiperEd@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 23:27:33 EDT
Had a small incident with my 55TF hood the other day, and found that the  pr
imary latch was not catching, and luckily, the safety latch did or that
18-wheeler would have folded it over the cab.  So......I ordered a new  latch
from
Grumpy's, and it sure seems to be fine, but a small problem has
arisen......the primary latch spring is so strong that the hood won't slide it
over towards
the post.  I can do it with my hand (with the safety latch in,  either by
hand or with the release handle.  The upper plate is in excellent  condition,
and
the latch itself is still free to float at this point.  It  just won't allow
the hood to move it towards the passenger side and let the hood  seat itself.
Any ideas?  I am considering using a 90 degree die  grinder to polish the
shoulder of the latch, but I am concerned about going too  far and removing
part
of the latch that needs to lock it in place when it  finally does close
completely....
Thanks, as always.
Ed.
55TF