[oletrucks] Blew tranny on my 55 chevy truck

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Blew tranny on my 55 chevy truck
From: MARK TREUTELAAR <oldphones@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 19:22:43 -0700 (PDT)
I had a bad day today. I was on the freeway  going 65 mph and I started getting
vibration . I looked down and my clutch pedal was down to the floor . I coasted
off to the side . I believe my clutch is shot . I also blew the seal on my
tranny. Im unsure of what happened but it doesnt look good. I had just
installed a 6clyinder tachometer and was at 2900 in 3rd gear going 60 to 65mph
for about 30 miles . I have a 235 engine with a 3spd tranny . Im unsure of the
differential gearing. Did I push this tranny to hard?   That is my question Im
wondering about . It was almost 100 degrees today . Is there an automatic
transmission I could install on this 235 engine that would just boltup ? If I
did so would I also have to install a new sterring column ? Any help would be
appreciated