RE: [oletrucks] Passed a milestone yesterday

To: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Passed a milestone yesterday
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 14:28:04 +0000
A few years ago I added up the original cost, upgrades and big ticket "fixes"
to my truck, then subtracted what I thought I could get for it if I sold it,
divided by 13 (the number of years I had owned it at the time) and came up
with somewhere around $350 cost per year of ownership. I didn't take into
consideration the kind of costs you would have with any vehicle such as
insurance, tires, gas, oil, blah, blah, blah.

Not a bad deal. But the trick is you have to actually use it daily.

No, I don't do cross country vacations, take SWMBO to the opera or my 88 year
old mother-in-law to the doctor in it. But I do drive it to work most days, to
the dump with a load of tree trimmings in the back once a month and a few
times a year it does a 200+ mile load of furniture, GMC 270 six cylinder
engine or something else like that.